Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Medicine

Today we went to the doctor. Colt has the FLU!!!! I hate this so much. I feel helpless, but I know I am doing my best. he is laying next to me asleep and will occasionally wake and say ,"ma, I sick." then go back to sleep. Today wasn't all bad though. He was feeling pretty good for a few hours and wouldn't take it easy. He insisted on chasing the dogs around. But oh the Doctor's visit!!! his fever was completely gone while we were at the office, and he was tottally alert and playful. His doctor was out, so we saw the nurse practioner. She has seen Colt before so I wasn't upset with having her and not the doc, BUT she prescribed my deary 4 different meds. One of which was plain old Motrin, that I already have at home. Another was an allergy med, which I didn't get because he already has allergy meds that his doctor had given him. The third and fourth were flu meds. One had to be ordered so I won't be getting it for a few days. The other I got today and with my insurance cost $40!! I couldn't believe this! The allergy med was the same price, so I was happy I had some at home and didn't NEED it, because there was no way I could have afforded all of these meds. I cannot believe how much these meds cost. I was so upset I cried most of the way home. Imagine if Colt would have despratly needed these meds, and I wouldn't have been able to get them. What is this world coming to where children can't be treated for basic illnesses for reasonable prices. I don't expect to get anything for free out of life, but sheesh! i could rant and rave about this all day, and I haven't even brought up that I had to wait over 20 minutes on the phone with the pharmacy just to see if they had recieved the e-prescription. I won't even go there tonight. I'm off to look after my little sicky who insists on kicking me. lol He is really worth all of this trouble and more. Night whoever reads this.
P.S. I would appreciate some feedback. I look forward to comments and have yet to get any. So feel free to post your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment