Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poem

I got into an argument with the hubby the other day, and this dark poem popped into my head. Just felt like sharing and getting a little feedback on my rhyming skills. So COMMENT PEOPLE!!!! Everything in the poem is speaking metaphorically. It's about how I was feeling. I just wanted to clarify beforehand that I was not physically abused. My feeling were really hurt, and my heart felt crushed and this was just the imagry of a person with a vivid immagination, trying to put it into words, and succeeded in adding the exagerations to make this a pretty morbid piece. The fight is over we have made up and everything is okey dokey in Ballard home.
Anyway here it is :

Outside I'm crying, but inside I'm dying
You turn the knife with all of your lying
I can't take it anymore, my soul beaten and broken on the floor.
You kick me when I'm down, while my heart cannot be found.
The shattered fragments swept away, thrown out after the fray.
Still I wander through this maze, sometimes my mind filled by a haze, drifting swiftly through the days, yet my soul silently lays.
 Beaten and broken upon the floor, as I watch you walk out the door.
You always kick me when I'm down, my battered face can only frown.
No more smiles come from me, only sorrow do I see.
No matter how hard I fight, You will never fix my plight.
So from here on out, there will never be a doubt,
 that I will forever lay broken beyond repair, shrouded in despair,
never to return, from the fear and hate that burns.
 I cannot be saved, and will remain enslaved.
 Broken on the floor I'll stay, without a heart, remembering the fray.
On the outside forever crying, and inside slowly dying.
Always hoping for the day, all my pain will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment